I am a kid studying in standard fifth. My parents force me to learn science and maths. And my teachers teach it very well, but sometimes I really feel that I love experimenting more than books, I want to ask questions instead of mugging answers, I have so many unsolved passes and I need a guide for it.
This confession of a kid Pushed me to think about the current education System. 'Science' noun itself says that it is the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.
One great Indian scientist and educationalist professor Yashpal has given the slogan " Learning by Doing ". It is simply approached to let children practice, allow them to experiment. And when we say experiments, it is not bounded with laboratories, children should have more freedom of experiencing, developing, molding, expanding, sharping their silly idea and new thoughts. For this I think backyard, kitchen or storeroom could be proved better than a well equipped ultra modern and a high tech lab, because these home made science and its experiments satisfy the curiosity of a child and convert it into an interest to learn something new, it implants innovative ideas and I think it is a perfect start of the learning process!
Teaching could be a business, but learning is a voluntary process carried out by one selves. So all we (when I use the pronoun 'we' it is for the parents who wants to grow a child like tree not like bonsai) have to understand this difference. If an individual adopts such concept, it would be ideal for other parents.
Rigveda's Rice also says ' aano bhadrah kratavo yantu vishvatah ' means... let noble thoughts come to me from all directions. So let us develops receptivity within and start with a new innovative way of learning.
No comments:
Post a Comment